corporate_banner_en

EIB and Bankinter sign SME financing agreement

Projects
Regions
European Union
Enlargement countries
Turkey
Iceland
Western Balkans
European Free Trade Association
Mediterranean Neighbourhood
FEMIP Overview
Supporting pan-Mediterranean initiatives
Financing & advice
FEMIP Loans
Private equity
Advisory & technical assistance
FEMIP Support Package
Procurement
How to apply
Trust Fund
Technical assistance
Private equity
Global dialogue
Partnerships
Organisation and staff
FEMIP Internship Programme
FAQ - FEMIP
EU Eastern Neighbours
Projects
Cooperation with other institutions and organisations
Financing facilities
Trust fund
Institutional framework
Applying for loans
Organisation and staff
Central Asia
Institutional framework
Cooperation with other institutions and organisations
Financing facilities
Technical assistance and grants
Applying for loans
Organisation and staff
Sub-Saharan Africa, Caribbean and Pacific
Funding and Financial Instruments
Applying for loans
Cooperation with partners
Investment Facility
Other initiatives
Activities
Asia and Latin America
Priorities
SMEs
Innovative options
Loans
Microfinance
EU partners for SMEs & mid-caps
Non-EU partners for SMEs & mid-caps
RDI support
Equity investment
Regional development
Climate Action
Urban & natural environment
Innovation
Skills and Jobs
Trans-European Networks
Transport
Energy
Project Cycle
Applying for a loan
Appraisal
Procurement
Monitoring
Projects to be Financed
Explanatory notes
Breakdown by region
European Union
EFTA countries
Enlargement Countries
Eastern Europe, Southern Caucasus and Russia
Mediterranean countries
Africa, Caribbean, Pacific countries + OCT
South Africa
Asia and Latin & Central America
Breakdown by sector
Projects Financed
Breakdown by region
European Union
EFTA countries
Enlargement Countries
Eastern Europe, Southern Caucasus and Russia
Mediterranean countries
Africa, Caribbean, Pacific countries + OCT
South Africa
Asia and Latin America
Breakdown by sector
Multi-criteria list
Operations Evaluation
Organisation and Programme
Programme
Methodology
Criteria
Rating scale
Process
Reports
Operations
Overview
Publications and reports
Cooperation and Coordination
ECG
European Financial Institutions
European Commission
Contacts

EIB and Bankinter sign SME financing agreement

  • Available in: de en es fr
  •  Release date: 20 January 2012
  •  Reference: 2012-011-EN

The European Investment Bank (EIB) has signed a EUR 200 million agreement with Bankinter to finance investment by small businesses and midcaps (companies with up to 3 000 employees). The EIB funds will mainly support projects in the industry and service sectors. The agreement was signed in Madrid by EIB Vice-President Magdalena Álvarez Arza and Bankinter’s CEO, María Dolores Dancausa Treviño.

EIB Vice-President Magdalena Álvarez Arza, who is responsible for the EIB’s operations in Spain, stressed “the key role played by operations of this type in boosting the economy and stimulating growth and job creation, especially in the current economic and financial conditions.

At least 70% of the funds made available by the EIB will be allocated to the investment projects of small and medium-sized businesses. The remainder – up to 30% – will go to midcaps. A substantial part of the loan amount is intended for projects in Spain’s convergence regions.

This loan is being granted under the Bank’s policy of fostering the development of small and medium-sized companies by providing resources on favourable terms (i.e. longer maturities, flexible disbursement conditions and lower interest rates). These enhanced terms are passed on to the final beneficiaries.

This new SME credit line follows on from previous EIB loans to Bankinter and will bolster the existing relationship between the two institutions.


0



 Print
 Pdf
Copyright © European Investment Bank 2014
The European Investment Bank is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

http://www.eib.org/projects/press/2012/2012-011-el-bei-y-bankinter-firman-un-acuerdo-de-financiacion-a-pymes.htm